Join MoveOn.org’s special “100 Days of Resistance” call this Sunday, April 30 at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT)?
One day after the People’s Climate March and one day before the May 1 mobilizations, this week’s call is a bit different, and special. Instead of the usual two or three main trainers, we’ll be joined by leaders from across the movement and around the country to each share brief stories of victories they’ve been a part of, from winning state-level climate change and green jobs legislation to getting Bill O’Reilly off the air. Check out this powerhouse lineup:
- Mary Kay Henry, international president of the 2 million-member Service Employees International Union (SEIU), will remind us how we won round one in the fight to protect our health care, and how we can win round two this week.
- Rashad Robinson, executive director of Color of Change, will break down the successful campaign to oust Bill O’Reilly from Fox News.
- Heather Booth, a legendary activist with decades of experience running and winning strategic campaigns, will help us prepare for longevity in the resistance movement and the battles ahead.
- Cory Choy, a weekly volunteer with the Ready to Resist calls, who has spoken to hundreds of people prior to bringing their questions live to our guest speakers.
- Elizabeth Zeldin, first-time organizer who led the rally that helped convince Senator Chuck Schumer to oppose Trump’s cabinet appointments.
- Marisa Franco, director of Mijente and leader of the “Not 1 More” deportation campaign, will prepare us for the May 1 actions the next day.
- Reverend Tony Pierce, board president of Illinois People’s Action, will share a state-level victory for green jobs recently won in Illinois and report back from the People’s Climate March in Washington, D.C.
- Natalia Aristizabal, with Make the Road New York, who was among the first people to arrive at JFK International Airport to protest Trump’s Muslim ban and provide support to people unlawfully detained or at risk of deportation, will speak about the power of acting with principle.
- Mehrdad Azemun, campaigns director at People’s Action, will host the call.
Remember waking up to news that Trump had issued the Muslim ban, then falling asleep to victory rallies erupting at airports after a judge blocked the ban? Or turning the promise to repeal the health care law that gives millions of people life-saving coverage into a political non-starter during the February Resistance Recess? These months have been packed with threats, but also with passionate, innovative resistance, with us rising to the moment and confronting each new challenge. And more than anything else, it’s shown us the power of a community. We can’t do anything without each other.
This Sunday’s Ready to Resist call will be a moment to step back and take stock of what we’ve accomplished in the fist 100 days, since the first Ready to Resist call came on the heels of the Women’s March, the largest day of protest in U.S. history. As the first 100 days of the resistance come to a close, this will be the last of the weekly series of Sunday calls. In June, July and August, we’ll host these monthly; check the “recurring” box when you RSVP to get reminders for all Ready to Resist future calls.
Don’t miss the chance this Sunday to digest the last few months with fellow MoveOn members and resistance leaders. Join amazing speakers to learn the best of the last three months, from the ongoing battle to defeat Trumpcare, to the people-powered rejection of the Muslim ban and racist border and immigration policy, to laying the groundwork for an electoral earthquake in 2018.
So let’s come together to look back and prepare ourselves for the next chapter of the Resistance.
Thanks for all you do.
—Victoria, Milan, Anna, Stephen, and the rest of the team at MoveOn.org