JOIN THE DACAMORPHOSIS PROJECT
On September 5th, the Trump Administration announced the end of DACA, the program that provided “d reamers” (undocumented youth who were brought here as children) with a pathway to citizenship. The DacaMorphosis Project is a public art project that symbolizes the crisis these dreamers now face, and represents our own intentions for our lawmakers to fix this.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Make a paper butterfly; decorate it to represent all the dreams and promise of these young people. It can be painted, colored, glittered, filled with messages… anything you like; each will be different and unique. Roll it up and wrap it into a cocoon
- Roll it up and wrap it into a cocoon.
- Tie it with string or ribbon; rag it with the words “we dream with ” Each cocoon represents a life waiting to be released
- Put it up somewhere: your school, your church, the library… anywhere you can get permission and where it can be .. and kept in our collective awareness
- Once you put it up, tell us where: Wellfleet Families for Peace &Justice; you can contact us on
THE HOPE MAP
Wellfleet Families for Peace &Justice will make a map with a dot for every DACA chrysalis, and post it to Facebook.
SET THEM FREE ONCE DACA IS FIXED
It’s up to our lawmakers to come up with a solution, and we have faith that they will. Until they do, however, dreamers will remain in limbo and at risk of being deported to countries they do not know. We will wait with them for the announcement that DACA has been saved. When that happens. go back to your cocoon, and set your dreamer free.