Kavanaugh’s Views on Public Education
- Upholds the belief that school vouchers are a constitutional right and could be the deciding vote on the Supreme court to divert public school funds to private and religious schools.
- He headed the Federalist Society’s “Religious Liberties Practice Group” which supports school prayer.
- He argued against the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which has aggressively assisted students victimized by for-profit colleges and predatory lenders.
- Supports Trump and Devos’ agenda where public schools lose public funding to private, religious, and for-profit schools, and educators lose their ability to advocate for themselves and their students.
- Advocates against unions and workers rights.
Take Action: NEA Legislative Action Center